Pick up a bag of hemp seeds, flip it over & read the nutrition facts on the back—it’s NUTS. Hemp seeds are literally FULL of protein & fiber.
Let’s dive in, shall we?
3 tbsp of hemp seeds (shelled—I get these) provide 10g of protein & 3g of fiber, which is 11% of your daily recommended fiber.
To put things in perspective 1 hard-boiled egg = 6g of protein.
3 tbsp of shelled hemp seeds also provide tons of vitamins and minerals, including:
- 45% of your daily recommended magnesium
- 20% of your daily recommended iron
- 110% of your daily recommended manganese (not a typo!)
- & 45% of your daily recommended phosphorus.
Speaking of nuts… That’s kind of it’s flavor. It has a buttery-nutty flavor to it, & it’s SO good.
Can you tell I’m very into it? ; )
Here are some ways to enjoy them:
- Add them to your smoothies
- Top your smoothie bowls with them
- Add them to yogurt
- Add them to cereal
- Top your toast with them (#tuesdaytoast)
- Add them to your pancake batter/nanacakes
- Have them on their own (yes, I’ve had them straight out of a spoon—in fact I just had a spoonful of them RN lol)
- Or on a spoon with peanut or almond butter. No shame, guys ; )
Those are some of my favorite ways to have hemp seeds, but you can obviously add them to anything & everything you’d like! They’re very versatile.
It’s like a healthy, nutty sprinkle. It’s so good!
You could also bake with them during the holidays. YUM! LMK if you add them to any of your holiday recipes? I’m all ears : )
+ try this fiber-filled fitness bread + coconut yogurt recipe too
+ learn about chia seeds & ground flax seeds
+ more nutrition tips & tricks
Some kitchen faves: